Thursday, November 15, 2007


BDS--hilarious!

Usually I find no pleasure in watching addled and drooling persons go off the deep end.

Usually.

This requires a little backstory. Over the last several months Bernie from Planck's Constant has followed the story of Judge Roy Pearson and the $54 million civil suit against a family run dry cleaners in Washington. When I came across a reference that Pearson had been removed from the bench I checked Bernie's blog to see if he had the story. He didn't but I figured he'd want to know the outcome so I emailed the link to him.

He didn't let me down and posted this.

Now living in the general environs of The District I was surprised that this little item was not more or less in my face--I had to dig a bit for it. So when I saw that Bernie had blogged the story I commented this:
I'm most surprised that this news seemed somewhat buried.
turn | Homepage | 11.14.07 - 5:50 pm |

That was the first comment on the thread.

Now the hilarity begins. Comment #2:
Buried? Are you joking? Are you saying that America has never carried out an unprovoked attack on any other sovereign nation? Do you know that people in Laos still die from unexploded land mines littered all over the country side?

And I'm sorry but hasn't the whole world now agreed that there was absolutely no evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq prior to the war?

That war cost Tony Blair his credibility and his job.

It is also common knowledge that the USA sold weapons to Saddam in the eighties to aid in his war against Iran as well as giving weapons and TRAINING the Taliban in their fight against the Russians.

Your president lied to you. He LIED so he could wage an unjust and, in the eyes of the United Nations, an illegal war over a country that was no threat to the USA whatsoever.

I cannot believe that, with the access we have to information these days, you people are still so blind to the truth.

I guess we only see what we want to see. If it makes you feel safe to believe that the USA can do no wrong then so be it and nothing, not even the cold hard facts will change your mind but if you really want to discover the truth I suggest you stop watching Fox 'news ' and open your eyes and minds to news from more impartial and reliable sources.

Believe me America looks very different from the point of view of the rest of the world.
Ruby | 11.14.07 - 8:58 pm | #
And it just keeps getting better.
Oh please! Some disgruntled has-been makes a shameless grab for fame with NO PROOF to back up his claims and I am supposed to feel stupid?

Ooh they lost it, they lost it! Yeah, and my dog ate my homework Miss.

Hans Blix, the weapons inspector was in Australia recently and on national radio he said that the inspection team found absolutely no proof of WMD's and they were searching round the clock.

And no he didn't make these statements on an obscure left-wing station but on a nation-wide youth music station funded by the Australian Govt (which you may recall blindly followed your country into that disaster zone) and which would thus have nothing to gain personally/politically from his statements.

As for the Spectator, isn't that owned by the guys who own the Daily Telegraph? Hardly the most impartial and credible newspaper in the England.

Surely you can do better than that.

Sorry mate, my position still stands and as for me picking the wrong side, last time I checked most Americans now oppose the war in Iraq.

And why do you have to insult me personally? Are you that frustrated by your lack of credibility that you have to try to humiliate me?
Ruby | 11.14.07 - 11:34 pm | #

Bernie,

I don't even know where to start. American restraint? Did America show restraint on Sept 11 1973 when it backed that coup in Chile that deposed the democratically elected leader Salvador Allende and instilled the truly terrifying and murderous tyrant Augusto Pinochet in his place?

What about the recent events in Venezuela when the US government gave money to the organisers of the coup who deposed and imprisoned the democratically elected leader Chavez only to have egg on their face when the people of Venezuela revolted, marched on the streets and demanded the return of their rightful leader.
Now that is true democracy.

And we could argue about this until the end of time but I really can't be bothered anymore. I don't wish America or Americans any harm, I simply wish that people would wake up and realise that there is no clear cut right and wrong here.

Powerful men become powerful by oppressing others and that is true no matter what country or religion they belong to.

And why do we owe our gratitude to America? You would think you were the only country involved in the wars you mentioned above. I am not saying that every single thing that America does is wrong but by the same token, not everything that America does is right either.

America didn't invent democracy, but it sure has tried to own it.
Ruby | 11.14.07 - 11:59 pm | #
And she checked back in the morning with high dudgeon to another commenter:
Erm. Damn, wasn't this post about some judge's drawers? How did Ruby (related to "red," as in "commie bitch") stretch that into a BDS screed?

Ruby, you have enough to worry about in the UK, what with your failing health care system, Islamotards, and your high taxation rates. Take care of your house before you presume to take care of ours. Bitch.
skh.pcola | 11.15.07 - 1:45 am | #

Bitch huh? And you expect the world to take you seriously.

By the way, I have never been to the UK and don't get me started on healthcare. Does that even exist in America?

Why do I make you so angry? Could it be that I am touching a raw nerve that shakes you up and makes you think that maybe, just maybe, I could be right?

In a perfect world we would all be liberal- as in free.
Ruby | 11.15.07 - 9:15 am | #
Well, heck, Ruby--everything should be free. All the butterflies and squirrels, birds and whales, all free.

No comments: